An authentic Aboriginal experience that takes you on a journey of the world’s oldest and continuing culture.
Join Njaki Njaki Traditional Owner and Aboriginal tour guide Mick and undertake a cultural walking tour of Merredin Peak and the surrounding reserve. Learn about the rich Aboriginal history via a walk along the trail up the rock and be rewarded with delightful views of the town and reserve land to the East. Learn about the Njaki Njaki peoples creator that shaped the landscape we now see today through the Moulyk Dreaming Tour. We can provide tailor made tours on request. Merredin is a town in Western Australia, located in the Central Wheatbelt roughly midway between Perth and Kalgoorlie, on Route 94, Great Eastern Highway. The town’s name is derived from the Aboriginal word “merrit-in” the place of the merrit tree, a eucalypt used to make spears.
- Learn about Aboriginal history and culture
- Learn about traditional Aboriginal food sources including native bush tucker
- Learning about the Aboriginal Dreamtime (the Dreamtime are Aboriginal stories and legends of how their land was created)
- Learn about artifacts and tools used by Njaki Njaki Aboriginal people
- Tours of sites of significance to the Njaki Njaki Aboriginal people with a local Traditional Owner Aboriginal tour guide